lørdag den 11. juli 2009

Are there no good galleries in Côte d'Azur?

I have enjoyed my holidays here in Côte d'Azur for about 10 days now. The bluest ocean, the mildest breeze and the hottest sun - It is fabulous as always. And luckily I am here for another couple of weeks.

But I sense a bit of frustration coming up. Where are all the good galleries in this neighbourhood? Are there none or am I just ignorant? Anyone - I can use some help here!

Naturally, I have been to the fantastic Maeght Museum in Saint-Paul. Highly recommendable! The architecture is a story of itself... the atmosphere is calming and while you walk in the Giacometti courtyard or breathe in the great Miro's or Chaggall's you can't help but fall even more in love with Côte d'Azur.  

Another favourite of mine is the Musée Picasso in Antibes. It is newly renovated and a fantastic site. The Château Grimaldi with it's stone walls and floors is a beautiful and authentic scene for Picasso's work. I love his crazyness. 
His happy yet disturbing Fauns. His surprising figures. They make me laugh. They make my children laugh - and believe me, they have been dragged to numerous museums and galleries and would so much rather be at the beach. 

BUT still - I have this gallery fever coming up. I crave contemporary art. And I can't find any serious galleries here? So - please help me out ... Paris is too far away! 

Art regards
Birgitte

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar