torsdag den 16. juli 2009

Have you seen The Collectors in Venice?

At this year's Venice Biennale the Danish and Nordic Pavilions joined forces to host The Collectors curated and staged by the great duo Elmgreen & Dragset.

More than 20 international artists have contributed to the pavilion's domestic settings. A strangely uncomfortable atmosphere haunts these pavilions emphasized by the dead body of the collector floating in the pool.

I must admit, that I have not yet seen this year's Biennale, but there is no chance in hell that I'll miss it. Fortunately it doesn't end till November 22. And, surely, I am going to see The Collectors.

Also I wouldn't miss the Dutch Pavilion. Here Fiona Tan presents Disorient a video installation that as far as I'm told should be no less than fantastic.

Her art triggers me - it sucks me in. I love what she does... her visual and literal definitions of meaning capture me. Make me stop. Invite me to see small glimpses of new meanings. I just can't wait to see her in Venice.

The US Pavilion by Bruce Nauman is a must see. His installation Topoligical Gardens won the Golden Lion for best national participation.

Nauman is perhaps best known for his neon sculptures and playful
use of language. In Venice Nauman's installation provides a four-decade survey of his work.

Have you been to this years Venice Biennale? If so please tell me what you recommend seeing. If not then go to Venice!

It is the wold championship of art. All the best contemporary art is present and it is diverse, fun, interesting, invigorating, enlightening, challenging, disturbing, dangerous, fantastic, strange, beautiful, founded in history - and romantic... What can I say... it's art - it's Venice!

Art Regards
Birgitte

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar