fredag den 4. september 2009

Wauwwww

Ok... It's cool. It's new. It's different and it's just the kind of change we need on the Copenhagen gallery scene.

Everyone was there and everyone was happy and excited. For too long galleries have been slowing down or even closing down. Finally the day came for this grand opening - it has been awaited. The gallerists were proud - proud, tired and relieved - now the move is over and the new hood is a reality. The artists were on top of the world and it was great being a part of it all.

This new Carlsberg art hood sets a certain stardart. The galleries have to compose spectacular shows in these spectacular surroundings.

This first show is a promising start, however, it is as if the old feathers are hard to get rid of.

I want to see art that Copenhagen galleries couldn't show me before. I love Olafur Eliasson's small candle works - but I have seen them before and these new surroundings make me want to see the Sunrise or the Waterfalls or ... you name it - the things that I used to have to go to New York to see.

The dynamics of this new art hood is no doubt going to turn this place into something big. I am looking forward to coming here again and again. And I recommend you to go there too.

I wish the Carlsberg art scene every bit of luck and succes!

Art regards
Birgitte

(Photo taken by Julie Mikines)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hvor er billederne af mig henne?? Super eftermiddag. Vi taler om fotokunst nu, så det vil jeg gerne opdateres på.
    Kh*Fie

    SvarSlet
  2. Jeg vil altid gerne vise dig vej i fotokunsten. Du siger bare til.

    SvarSlet